Personalized one-on-one pelvic health care helping you overcome pelvic floor dysfunction and get back your life.
Do you have issues with leakage, feelings of heaviness in your vagina, or pain with sex? Are you tired of losing urine when you laugh and play with your kids and buying expensive pads? Have you lost interest in sex because of discomfort? Is your pregnancy limiting your daily activities? Have your started having these issues years after your pregnancies?
You've come to the right place. Pelvic floor dysfunction is real and while it is common, it is NOT normal.
Pittsburgh Pelvic Health, LLC is a specialized physical therapy practice created with a passion to do better for our men and women experiencing pelvic issues. Pittsburgh Pelvic Health provides care in a clinic setting as well as in-home throughout Greater Pittsburgh at times convenient to meet the needs of working women and busy mothers. PPH serves the City of Pittsburgh with clinics in Oakmont, Pleasant Hills, North Side and Wexford. Understanding that coming to a clinic-based appointment may not be convenient, we offer in-home care as well! Just let us know your preferences.
At Pittsburgh Pelvic Health, we also treat male pelvic dysfunction including, but not limited to, pelvic pain, voiding difficulties, pain with sexual activity, bowel issues, etc.
Pittsburgh Pelvic Health offers prevention and treatment of common musculoskeletal issues related to childbearing. Whether you are planning a pregnancy, expecting, or postpartum, PPH is here to care for your most personal needs.
PPH's model of care is built around the phrase "less is more." You will receive expert one-on-one care with your therapist throughout your plan of care. Commonly with this personalized care, you will see noticeable results in a short period of time easing your discomfort and improving your function along the way.
Please know that NO issue with your pelvis is normal. While we commonly see pelvic dysfunction after pregnancy, these are all treatable - most without surgery!
Care of pelvic floor issues including incontinence, constipation, urgency/frequency, pelvic pain/dyspareunia/pain with intercourse, pelvic organ prolapse, and diastasis recti. If you have questions if your diagnosis can be treated, do ask.
Detailed evaluation to establish a program for a healthy, active pregnancy to reduce discomfort and improve outcomes of your labor and delivery including decreased risk of tearing and pelvic dysfunction.
Labor & Delivery Preparation
PPH specializes in care to prepare your body for L&D including assessment and care of musculoskeletal and connective tissues of the pelvis. In depth education provided on positioning for improved labor & delivery outcomes is included.
Full body evaluation and treatment with a goal of healing your body following pregnancy whether this is 6 weeks or 20 years beyond. Issues treated include pelvic care, diastasis recti, and breastfeeding body mechanics
Reasons to choose Pittsburgh Pelvic Health as your Pelvic Physical Therapy Provider
1. One-on-one care- You will always be cared for with a single provider throughout your plan of care that will have their full attention on you! This means you are will get better with less visits than your average physical therapy care.
2. You will never be passed to an aide- We believe that you are constantly being evaluated every time you come to see us. This requires a skilled provider that will constantly be changing your plan of care for your needs.
3. Hour long appointments- We believe that you deserve adequate length of care so that we can listen to you and thoroughly provide you with the best treatment possible.
4. Treated by a true specialist! Our providers have dedicated their career to focusing on pelvic health issues with extensive education in not only the pelvic floor structures, but urologic, digestive, and gynecologic/obstetric issues that commonly go along with pelvic floor dysfunction.
5. Individualized Care- You are not just a diagnosis. We focus not only on what your specific complaints are, but also focus on you as a whole person looking at your life, job requirements, family support, and hobbies to truly provide an individualized program to meet your goals.
6. Getting to the root of the problem- There are many reasons why you could be experiencing your symptoms and we are here to help you resolve the issue, not just cover it up.
7. We are available when you are- we offer daytime, evening, and even virtual options for care to best fit your busy schedule. We are working parents and understand how busy life can be to fit in your doctor's appointments.
8. Bring your baby! We understand that finding childcare for little one's and even juggling feeding schedules can be difficult. Having your baby present can also help us see the way your hold and care for them may be contributing to your issues.
9. Direct care model- You can directly connect with your physical therapist and do not need to wait for a message to be passed by an admin assistant. This provides delivery of your care efficiently so that you get better quicker.
10. Labor & Delivery expertise- our physical therapists are experts as clinicians but also as mothers ourselves. We have lived pregnancy, L&D, and postpartum and have advanced medical education in the nuances of pregnancy. We also say no two pregnancies and labors are alike!
Wondering if Pelvic Floor PT is right for you? Speak directly with a provider. Fill out your information below for questions and scheduling!
P: (412) 204-6198 F: (412) 223-4726
© 2023 by Pittsburgh Pelvic Health, LLC